December 22, 2011

Christmas Pincushion tutorial...the last one..:O)

 Finally..
here it comes the last instructions for the pincushion...:o)

Cut a 1 3/4" x about 23" strip

*Sew this strip to the side of the pincushion...
(havent figured out the length of the stip... time..flies...:O)
But I did like this...
I started a little bit in on the strip ..sewed almost until the end...
pinned the ends together...
*then I sewed the ends together... 
*Split the seam and continue to
 sew the opening shut... 
 Now it should look like a little hat..:O)

Inside...

Outside...

*Use Template C to cut out a bottom
( you can use a a fusible interface here if you want a sturdy bottom)

*Pin the bottom evenly around the pincushion..
start with four pins and add more...

*Use the rest of the ric rac...
lay it between the layers... 
start a little bit in on the ric rac...

You can see on the picture that the top of the ric rac is just
 touching the outer edge of the side of the pincushion...

*Tuck the ric rac in while sewing....and
keep on sewing like this until the end...
tuck the ends in and continue sewing  the opening shut.

*Make an innerbag in some scrap fabric...
( wont show) 
(use template C ... make it a seam allowance smaller)

*Fill the innerbag with some filling..
(walnut shells...rice or something with weight)

*Sew the opening shut on the machine...
dont bother to turn ...raw ends out..;O)

Turn the pincushion inside out...
tuck the innerbag inside..
and start filling the pincushion with polyester fill..
nice and firm..!!!!

And sew the opening shut by hand..
Nicer that way!!!

And voila.. FINISHED!!!!
There you have a new pincushion just in time for Christmas!!!:O))

Close up ..again..:O)

From the side...

And a picture of the finished one!!!

With this I want wish you all 
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS...

And please if you make the pincushion...
do send me a picture so I can see what you made..
Im so curious!!! :O)))





25 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this wonderful tutorial Stina! I probably won't get this made in the next couple days, but I think it will be my first project to work on in January 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....och där kom den sista biten av mönstret! Tusen tack! Det blev så fint och nu längtar jag efter att få rå min tid så att jag kan få till min egen nåldyna. Kanske blir det tid i mellandagarna......hoppas jag. Ha en riktigt skön julhelg och sköt om dig och på återseende snart.
    God Jul och kramisar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Stina,

    Wow, this project turned out super, super cute ;) :) Happy Christmas to you and your family, too. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so very cute!! DId I mention I love your new header...it's adorable! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful pincuhsion!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, it looks so beautiful finished that way! Thank you very much for the tutorial!
    Merry Christmas, Stina :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for sharing such a lovely tutorial...wishing you a blessed christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tusen takk for flott tutorial!
    Jeg har midt i julestria klart å sy en, se denne lenken: http://bentesquiltehage.blogspot.com/2011/12/god-jul.html

    Ha en riktig god jul:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jättefin nåldyna och tack för mönstret! Önskar dig en riktigt God Jul!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tusen takk for flott tutorial! Dette blir det første prosjektet i det nye året. Riktig god jul til deg.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This pincushion turns out so cute! Very sweet. Woke up to snow on the ground this morning - looks like we get a white Christmas after-all.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stina, I Love your pincushion !
    I wish you a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful pincushion, it's so nice of you to share it. I made your paper hearts, they are on my blog. Thank you, I loved making them a lot.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for all your explanations !!
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas !! Best wishes !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great Tut.... might put that on the bucket list for 2012
    Merry Christmas
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have just discovered your lovely blog and the gorgeous tutorial for this pin cushion - lovely!!!! Thank you for the clear photos and instructions. I will be making one for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Worlderful pincushion! i love it very much, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very, very cute Stina! I hope you had a Wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. just popped in to wish you and yours a very HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.
    wet kisses from me, and hugs from mom

    ReplyDelete
  20. that is the sweetest pin cushion ever, and its RED...my fav!!!!!!! LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOOPSS!!!
    I erased this comment by mistake!!!
    Belinda.. I am sooo sorry... :o/

    Stina


    Belinda has left a new comment on your post "Christmas Pincushion tutorial...the last one..:O)":

    Cute! Looks sooooo similar to the one I posted about on my blog back on Dec. 13....mine is in wilder colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Hej!!

So nice to hear from you all... makes my day special...:o)

If I dont reply to your email.. you are probably set as a noreply...
so please see that there is a way for me to contact you...

Stina...:o)
- - -XOX- - -