October 2, 2009

Jumping back in time...

Ok...
pretend its Friday evening...and we just arrived to Trondheim...
Packed out our things at Quiltegården...
and then I hear..
-Stina....!!!
And guess who...
Gail and Leanne recognized me..
that was a sweet moment...
getting hugs from my favorite designers...
I love you!!!! :o)
Back to the hotel... checking in....
and off to Leanne Beasley´s and Gail Pan´s lecture
and Show and Tell !!!
Well.. all I can say these two ladies..
are the most fun and inspiring people I have met!!!
So happy to have met them and having a class with them...
So many quilts were shown and Leannes and Gails quilts
 were displayed all over the shop ( will show more of them later)
So just enjoy!!!

Ohhh... Sølvis hexagons were beautiful...
and TINY!!!!

I loved the Japanese fabric Log Cabin quilt...
and the green version of a Leanne B quilt....
Anne Heidi had used photographs in her lovely quilt...
and Louise showed her scrappy homespun quilt!!!

Gail and Leanne showed and laughed and
made us feel very special...
and more wonderful quilts were shown...
A Kittens Tale, Butterfly Garden to mention...
A lot of inspiration...

Saturday evening I just had to go and see little
 of the town of Trondheim....
Just the thought of knowing many of my ancestors from the Viking era
had walked around there..tickled my mind...:o)
Loved the street signs... with all the viking names...

A statue of Olaf Tryggvason stood at the Centrum square
and Olaf the Saint was buried where the Nidaros Cathedral  were built...
maybe that was why I felt so at home with the Norweigans and Trondheim..lol...

Ok are you still with me...
more pictures will come...:o)

5 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying this journey, Stina. I don't want it to end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks oh so fun!! Lucky you. Wish I could have been there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading all the posts about your trip. What an awesome time you had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one crazy, fun-loving girl - a breath of spring air!
    Hugs - lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it must have been soo much fun! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Hej!!

So nice to hear from you all... makes my day special...:o)

If I dont reply to your email.. you are probably set as a noreply...
so please see that there is a way for me to contact you...

Stina...:o)
- - -XOX- - -